This planning application was rejected by
Harborough District Council
on Wednesday 10th January 2018.
Gazeley announced on Monday 2nd July that they will appeal against this decision.
IDI Gazeley reference: 15/01531/OUT
Hybrid Application – Zone 1 land at Mere Lane, Bittesby and Zone 2 land adj. ASDA George Headquarters)
The total site area is 590.33 acres.
Zone 1 Mere Lane, Bittesby
- 573 acres – Zone 2 6.73 ha (16.62 acres)
- up to 4,585,890 sq ft of warehousing
- up to 39,830 sq ft for a Logistics Institute of Technology
- up to 10,000 sq ft small business space
- creation of a country park, creation of roundabouts and realignment of the A5 etc
Zone 2 the former Stobart application site (adjacent to George)
- 62 acres
- 140 space HGV parking facility
- HGV training centre,wash and fuelling facilities,
- Rail Freight Shuttle Terminal