Planning application 15/01531/OUT was rejected by HDC on 10th January 2018.
Gazeley announced on Monday 2nd July that they will appeal against this decision.
The appeal will be heard at a public inquiry in either January or March 2019.
The Inspector will have access to all the papers from the original planning application, including all the public objections to the application.
If however you have new information that you think is relevant to the appeal you should submit this to the Inspector by 5th September 2018. For further information on how to submit additional information to the Inspector click here .
Gazeley have submitted a Statement of Case which can be read here.
IDI Gazeley reference: 15/01531/OUT
Hybrid Application – Zone 1 land at Mere Lane, Bittesby and Zone 2 land adj. ASDA George Headquarters)
The total site area is 590.33 acres.
Zone 1 Mere Lane, Bittesby
- 573 acres – Zone 2 6.73 ha (16.62 acres)
- up to 4,585,890 sq ft of warehousing
- up to 39,830 sq ft for a Logistics Institute of Technology
- up to 10,000 sq ft small business space
- creation of a country park, creation of roundabouts and realignment of the A5 etc
Zone 2 the former Stobart application site (adjacent to George)
- 62 acres
- 140 space HGV parking facility
- HGV training centre,wash and fuelling facilities,
- Rail Freight Shuttle Terminal